In case you enjoy videography combined with DSLR, you surely need a high-quality microphone. Since, without a doubt, audio quality is extremely important, and DSLR might not have the capacity of both covering the noise and recording high-quality audio, you will definitely need an external microphone in order to capture good quality audio.
The Shotgun microphones are called this way because are consisted of a microphone and a slotted tube, which resembles a shotgun. In other words, this tube is placed in front of the microphone, and it is therefore focused on the sound which comes from the very front of the microphone itself.
It is obvious that the price of these microphones is in accordance with the quality. However, since the majority of people might not be in the position to spend a great amount of money on them, our list contains the three best shotgun microphones under Rs. 10000.
1. Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Shotgun Microphone
- Element: Condenser
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Normal: -56 dB; Tele: -45 dB
- Weight: 113 g (4 oz)
- Frequency Response: 70 – 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Normal: Cardioid; Tele: Supercardioid
- Impedance: Normal: 1,000 ohms; Tele: 2,200 ohms
This microphone is considered to be very handy when it comes to shooting videos using DSLR and recording high-quality audios. Considering the fact that Audio-Technica is a famous microphone brand, this microphone has two range settings. One of them being the Tele for the longer distances, and the other normal for the distances which are closer. Also, it is important to mention that this microphone requires an external battery.
2. Rode VMGO Video Mic GO
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 34dB-A
- Frequency Range: 100Hz – 16kHz
- Sensitivity: -35.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (17.80mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Maximum SPL: 120dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Weight: 73.00gm
Despite the fact that this shotgun microphone is the cheapest on this list, it is still an excellent choice. Since it can operate without external batteries, all you need to do is plug it in the DSLR (through the 3.55 mm port) and you are good to go. Moreover, it comes with the Windshield, as well as the Rugged reinforced ABS construction.
3. Rode VideoMic Directional Video Condenser Microphone
- Power Options: 9v battery powered
- Frequency Range: 40Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Weight: 176.00gm
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dB-A
The Rode VideoMic Directional Video Condenser Microphone can be said to be the best and therefore most expensive shotgun microphone on the list. It is very practical when it comes to outdoor use, and it has the capacity of recording high-quality audio. Furthermore, the noise is almost not existent. Also, it has an Integrated cold shoe mount. If you are a vlogger or a videographer, this shotgun microphone is a very good option for you, since you can record high-quality audio without the complex audio setup.
- How do you use a shotgun mic on a DSLR?
- What is the best shotgun mic for the film?
- How do you set up a shotgun mic?
- Why is a shotgun mic also known as a directional mic?
- What MIC do they use in movies?
- Do cameras have microphones?
Even though this list provides examples for good shotgun microphones, you should consider exploring this topic in detail, if you want to engage in a serious movie shooting. In case you are a beginner and need this kind of equipment for recording, for example, YouTube videos, we hope that you have found this list helpful.
Don’t miss some other interesting models available on Amazon right now:
- Rugged metal construction and anti-shock mount, which can effectively reduce unwanted vibration, cable and handling noise. Also included a furry...
- No battery Required----Do not need the battery, Just use it directly with your smartphones or DSLR cameras.
- Compact and Light Weight----Only 86g/0.19lb, With a Portable Leather Case, you can take it anywhere
- Frequency Response：35-18KHz +/-3dB; Sensitivity：-42dB +/- 1dB / 0dB1V/Pa, 1kHz; Signal to Noise Ratio: 76dB SPL
- Fits for Smartphone, DSLR Camera Camcorder and Recorder. With 2 Cable, One is TRRS; one is TRS Cable. Transducer: Electret Condense
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number
- Dual mini shotgun mics create frontal focus
- Suppression of ambience and background noise
- Built-in elastic suspension and wind protection
- 3-level sensitivity adjustment and low-cut
- Rugged all-metal housing
- Integral shock mount for rejection of handling noise
- Switchable sensitivity for long and short distances
- More than 300 hrs operation time from 1 A battery
- Fits all cameras with a standard hot shoe mount and an external microphone input
- Includes (removable) SR-NV5 Shotgun Microphone with integrated 2-Channel XLR Audio Mixer
- Dual Channel Level Controls
- Dual Channel Gain Switches (0db, 10dB, 20dB)
- Dual Channel Low cut switches
- Dual Channel Line/Mic/48V Phantom Power Switches
- SUPER-CARDIOID &WIDE ADAPTABILITY: BY-MM1+ is an Upgraded super-cardioid condenser microphone that delivers lower noise and higher sensitivity sound;...
- PLUG & PLAY: Since there is no battery required in this microphone, you can just plug and play; no need to worry the battery status and complex hookup...
- Monitoring Output & STRONg: The 3.5mm headphone output lets users monitor and playback audio with compatible apps ,so you can ensure the integrity of...
- ANTI-SHOCK: The included adetachable Rycote Lyre shock mount can effectively reduce unwanted vibration, cable and handling noise; thus can give your...
- One Year BOYA Warranty