Instagram is the most popular photo-sharing app on social media. This app has introduced many exciting features to stay ahead of the competition. Many users do not know how they may access these features.
Instagram tricks of 2023
All the active users of Instagram are aware of some basic protocol like unfollowing people who do not follow them back, or when they need to post a picture. Check oDownloader for more tips and tricks.
Some unique Instagram tricks used in 2023 are as follows:
1. Posting Instagram photos on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter directly: Instagram users may set up their website so that any picture they post on the internet gets automatically posted on all their other social media accounts. They need to follow specific steps that are mentioned below:
- Go to Profile
- Go to options displayed there.
- Go to Linked Accounts.
The next time onwards, whenever they upload a photo on Instagram, they may choose the other social media platforms they need to upload.
2. Disabling activity status for direct messages: Instagram has a feature that allows people to see the last time a user was online. It may be turned off. Those who need to turn off this feature follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Profile
- Go to Options
- Go To Show Activity Status
- Could you disable it?
However, if the users turn off the last seen status, they will not be able to see the last seen status of other users.
3. Addition of unique fonts to the Instagram Biography: Regular Instagram users need to maintain an updated Instagram bio, to make their profile stand out. It is a common practice to use emojis and links to work samples to the bios. However, they may also use cool fonts to make their Instagram bios stand out. The process to use cool fonts are as follows:
- You need to open the web browser.
- Visit the website called LingoJam.
- The moment you open this site, you can see a text box where they may enter the desired text.
- The same text appears in different typefaces in the other text box.
- People may copy the text and paste it in the “Bio” section of their profile.
4. Story highlights and Story archives: Instagram introduced a new feature in December 2017 that allowed users to archive the stories after they archive automatically. The users need to follow a few steps to access the archived stories. The steps are as follows:
- Tap on the profile button.
- Tap the Archive button present at the top of the page. All the archived stories will be available here.
- View or share the story of their choice. The feature of Story Highlights allows the users to share their most important stories on their profile page. The Story Highlights are not automatically removed after 24 hours. They need to be removed manually.
The users need to follow a few simple instructions to use Story Highlights. The steps are as follows:
- Visit the profile page.
- Tap on the New Story Highlight Button.
- Select the Stories from Story Archives.
5. Hiding stories from some Users: All Instagram users have some followers who do not wish to share their stories. Now, Instagram has made it possible to hide some stories from some users. The users need to follow a few simple steps to hide their stories from specific users. The steps are as follows:
- Open the profile.
- Tap on the three-dot menu.
- Select the “Hide your Story” option.
6. Enabling the two-factor authentication on Instagram: It is a security measure to enable the two-factor authentication on Instagram. Two-factor authentication ensures that people undergo a second authentication when they login to their Instagram account.
The two-factor authentication may take place wither through a one-time verification code or a backup code. It protects the IG account even in the case of data leaks. IG users need to follow the steps given below to activate two-factor authentication:
- IG users open profile.
- Go to “settings” under the Hamburger menu.
- Tap on “Security.”
- Choose two-factor authentication.
- Tap the “Get started” option and choose the desired security method.
7. Schedule Posts: The feature of “Schedule Posts” is only available for business profiles. It is easy to change a personal profile into a business profile within seconds. People need to follow the steps mentioned below to change their profile into business profiles:
- IG users go to the Options page on IG.
- Tap on the “Switch to business account” option.
- You will be asked to connect their Facebook page.
- Once you connect your Facebook page successfully, you will be able to change successfully to a business account.
After that, they may use IG scheduling tools like Hootsuite to schedule their IG posts. Hootsuite simplifies the management of IG business accounts. It offers a free plan, and the paid plans come at a reasonable cost.
The free plan allows loaded with features. It allows IG users to schedule up to 30 posts at the same time. It may also allow them to add up to three social media accounts.
8. Rainbow text on IG stories: IG users are allowed to write rainbow text on IG stories. The steps to apply the rainbow text are as follows:
- IG users take pictures.
- Write the text they want others to read.
- Tap and select the text they added.
- Hold a finger on a color until a gradient pop up.
- Hold the other end of the cursor at the same time. Then move both fingers to the opposite end until the entire text is full of rainbow colors.
IG allows users to manage multiple accounts simultaneously. It has a plethora of other features. Users claim that they have found the popular IG tricks of 2023 beneficial.