Today, many users are taking advantage of the presence of a lot of videos they can access online. However, though these videos are widely available for users to view, they will always encounter problems when playing them on their devices such as incompatibility issues.
This is the time you will need a video converter. You can use these tools to change the format of any video file into one that is playable in your chosen devices.
In today’s discussion, we will give you the best video converter tools you can use along with our most recommended software – DumpMedia Video Converter. So if you want to know more, keep on reading.
Part 1. Our Most Recommended Video Converter: DumpMedia Video Converter
As being among the best and powerful video converter tools, DumpMedia Video Converter can convert your chosen video files into your desired format with minimal loss in the original quality at high-speed conversions.
This software is equipped with complete features not only for converting but also for downloading, editing, and playing your video files. It has a user-friendly interface that is convenient to use even by beginners.
Features of DumpMedia Video Converter
Below are the core features of DumpMedia Video Converter.
#1 Audio and Video Conversion Into a Wide Variety of Formats
DumpMedia Video Converter is capable of converting any of your audio or video files into many formats.
#2 Enhancement of Your Video’s Quality to Improve Visual Experience
Do you have videos you want to enhance like those that are too dark, overexposed, or shaking? You can eliminate these through DumpMedia Video Converter. Improve your video’s quality by optimizing its brightness and contrast values as well as upscale its video resolution to create a more enjoyable video experience.
#3 More Versatile Editing of Videos (Add Watermarks, Clip, Crop, & Rotate)
- Adjust your video’s volume control, saturation, brightness, contrast, and hue.
- Cut your videos into sections then crop their blank edges.
- Combine more than one video into a new complete file.
- Add image or text watermarks for a more personalized video.
- Preview the videos you edited in real time to make sure that you achieve the most optimal results.
#4 Conversion of Videos Depending on the Type of Your Device
Eliminate incompatibility issues using DumpMedia Video Converter. This tool comes with preset profiles offering settings of the highest quality for your devices.
#5 Conversion of Your Videos To and From 4K UHD Video
Convert your 3D as well as HD or 4K UHD videos. Have more control of your video’s conversion to & from the following formats: SD (480P), HD (720P), FHD (1080P), and UHD (4K). In addition to video conversion, you can use DumpMedia Video Converter to rip your homemade DVDs into MP4.
#6 Fast-Speed Conversion Process (6X Faster Than Normal Conversion Speeds)
Since DumpMedia Video Converter can support NVENC, NVIDIA CUDA, Intel HD Graphics, and AMD hardware acceleration tools, it can give you a video conversion speed that is 6x faster without losing quality.
Supported Formats & Devices
Supported Input Formats
- Audio Formats: AIFF, MP3, FLAC, M4A, WAV, WMA, etc.
- HD Video Formats: MP4, MPG, MPEG, MOV, WMV, TS, etc.
- SD Video Formats: 3GP, FLV, MKV, AVI, MPEG, M4V, MOV, WMV, MP4, etc.
- DVD Formats: Home DVD
Supported Output Formats
- Audio Formats: AAC, FLAC, M4A, AIFF, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, etc.
- HD Video Formats: MKV, AVI, MPG, WMV, MOV, MP4, WebM, TS, etc.
- SD Video Formats: DivX, FLV, MP4, XviD, AVI, M4V, MOV, WMV, MKV, WebM, etc.
- 3D Video Formats: Side by Side, Top & Bottom, Anaglyph 3Ds (MP4, TS, AVI, FLV, MKV)
Supported Output Devices
- Apple Devices, Game Consoles, TVs, Video Editing Tools, etc.
Steps For Using DumpMedia Video Converter
Follow the steps below to convert any video to a wide variety of formats.
Import Your Video Files to The Application
Pick an Output Format Along With the Destination Folder
We discuss the details of the above steps in the following sections.
Step 1. Import Your Video Files to The Application
First, you need to download and install DumpMedia Video Converter. You can try it for free from DumpMedia’s website to know if this tool is right for you. Once installed, launch the application on your device. Then, import your video files. Just click on Add Files to do this or drag & drop them to the application.
Step 2. Pick an Output Format Along With the Destination Folder
Pick your desired output format. You will find this option in the Convert all tasks to dropdown button. Click on Browse and navigate to your destination folder.
Step 3. Begin Converting
Finally, just click on Convert to initiate the conversion. Once the conversion is done, You can preview the videos you converted by clicking on Open Folder corresponding to your downloaded videos.
Part 2. Other Best Video Converter Tools
#1 Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is among the best video converters that users can use for free and can easily convert your videos at fast speeds. Both Mac and Windows users can use this tool. But, just like any other free tools out there, do not expect it to be perfect because there are some occasions that you will encounter output quality issues. Though you can experiment with the settings for you to get your desired results.
- Available in multiple languages
- Can create animated GIFs from videos
- Can create HTML5 videos with embedding codes
- Offers easy video editing
- Can rip & extract the audio from videos and CDs
- Has a media player with full features
- Can burn videos to AVCHD DVD or DVD
- Can download 4K and 1080P online videos
- Can output videos to various devices
- Can convert videos between any format freely
- Has sneakily installed bundled software
- Poor output for 4K videos
- A lot of quality issues
- Complex device options and output formats for newbies
#2 Prism Video Converter
Mac users benefit from the advanced features of iMovie but you will encounter incompatibility failures most of the time. Thus, you will need a video converter which you can use to sort these issues. Prism Video Converter is an app that supports various video formats.
- Simple interface and usage
- Is able to handle different file types
- Supports batch conversion
- Can control video settings like encoder and compression rates, frame rate, resolution, etc.
- Can resize videos. You can adjust the height and width
- Can add text overlays, watermarks, and rotate videos
- Supports DVD conversion
- Has a dull user interface
- Some conversions can take a long time to finish
- Does not offer an audio extractor and editing features
#3 DivX Converter
You can save the files you have downloaded to your Google Drive or Dropbox using DivX Converter. The unupgraded DivX version is good enough given that you can use it for converting your videos freely. But, it does not have that many format options. And though it has Mac and Windows versions, the hardware acceleration feature is only available for users of Windows.
- Good quality outputs
- Good 4K outputs
- Its free version can work well enough
- Indirectly chosen output formats
- Fibbing ads
#4 Freemake Video Converter
This is a simple and quick video conversion tool. The default settings can provide you with good results. You will be given a lot of tuning options too. However, the ads and logo ruined its free version so you will have to pay before you can really use this tool for anything more than test purposes.
- Easy usage
- It is available in multiple languages
- Compatibility with Windows
- Can convert videos found online and from your computer into various formats
- Can output videos to your portable devices
- Provides a simple process for editing
- Can rip an unprotected DVD
- Has other software added during installation
- Adds watermarks on its output videos
- Its free version is unusable because of intrusive branding
- Has a lot of ads in the free version
- It is only available for Windows users
- It is slow
Are you working on different platforms? If yes, then HandBrake is the ideal video converter for you. It does not have pop-ups and ads so it is an excellent alternative to a lot of free video converters out there. Even if it is less slick compared to its competitors, HandBrake can do its task well.
- It is open source and free to use
- Allows conversion of videos from a lot of formats
- Supports Linux, Mac, and Windows
- It can rip BluRay and uncommercial DVD sources
- It offers device presets
- It supports subtitles
- Only has a limited number of supported devices and output formats (MKV and MP4 for now)
- Newbie users might have a hard time using it
- The program crashes
- The soundtracks are sometimes not properly synced with the picture
Part 3. Wrapping it Up
With the many video converter tools out there, it would be hard for you to find a reliable one. But with our list of the best video converters, you can easily compare each tool as we have also given you the pros and cons of each.
Above all, we recommend that you use DumpMedia Video Converter for your audio and video conversion needs.